welcome to my blog !

hello world ! welcome to my blog !
here i'm not just writting, but i'll share what i feel with you.
happy, sad, or forlorn. sharing everything is the best !
i have stories, songs, links, pictures,
ideas, dreams, my fantasy, interests, and quotes - what i feel rite now.


enjoy reading !
if you like, you can follow my blog.


with love,
juan -

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Eminem: Now With Pretzels!

New albums by Eminem and Miley Cyrus?

Clearly, all's right with the world!

This is one of those good weeks when I make a list of "likely prospects"--albums I might draw your attention to if I so desire--and decide, after maybe 16 or so, there's no point in listing any more! It must mean the music business is healthier than ever! It's back on its feet, and so are we!

And to confirm your faith in my ability to single out today's most relevant and happening new music, let me share this: At this very moment, the computer on my left is ripping the complete works of Latin percussionist Pancho Sanchez, while the computer on my right is recording the last three vinyl albums produced by rockers Orleans before they were forbidden to make any more!

I tell you this for one reason alone: That I would do both of these things simultaneously, on two separate computers--capturing for all eternity the complete works of artists I don't really care about--while writing this blog on yet a third, indicates that my critical acumen has never been sharper in my entire life! Thus, when I tell you that an album has a really cool cover, you can bet it really does!


Eminem: Recovery (Shady/Aftermath) I think we're all pleased, and feeling kind of warm inside, that clever and charismatic rapper Eminem is back again, offering up a heady batch of cutting and incisive raps about life as he sees it! Still, time moves on, and the biggest question may be whether his once-hip audience is ready to make the same leap lovable Em' has: A complete album dedicated to the federal government's recovery plan, song after song exploring the nuances of inflation, deficits, the economic troubles of China and California's problematic Proposition 13--now nearly bankrupting the state! It may be bit much for those of us seeking the usual zany cast of characters including troubled women, his loudmouthed kid, guys with guns and lots of swear words! Additionally, the cover pic--illustrating the frustrated rapper walking back home from Windsor, Ontario, after miscalculating the cost of an imperial gallon of gas and, sadly, running out--may be too heart-wrenching for those of trying to seriously figure out what the deal is with this guy and Mariah Carey! Let's just call it another masterpiece and move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment